As reported by the West Virginia Daily Mail, Kent Carper, President of the Kanawha County Commission, stated that the body of Shane, the body of his 48 year old uncle David Gandee, and the third body of 27 year old Donald Robert Myers was found dead at the end of a muddy dirt road inside of a Ford Bronco. The three died of carbon monoxide poisoning,
Shane and his uncle had been missing since Sunday, but were last seen at a bar in Sissonville at approximately 3:00 a.m.
MTV said in a statement to Fox411 “We are shocked and saddened by the terrible news about Shain Gandee, and those involved in this tragic incident. We are waiting for more information but at this time, our main concern is for the Gandee family and their friends. Our thoughts and prayers are with them. Shain had a magnetic personality, with a passion for life that touched everyone he met and we will miss him dearly.”